Croydon Cycle Fest 2017 is about more than just the races – it’s an opportunity for the people of Croydon, young and old, to get involved and try something new! From folding bikes to electric ones, cargo bikes and recycled cycles, there are lots of different ways of cycling that you can try out during the day.
After two fantastic race nights in Croydon in 2015 and 2016, the Tour Series and Matrix Fitness GP Series cycle races return to the town centre on 18 May. Come and take part in cycling activities taking place all day around the central Croydon street circuit, and watch the professional races in the evening, with food, drink and other entertainment!
- 11 am: Promotional area opens.
- 12pm -2pm: Local schools cycle races, High Street.
- 12pm – 1pm: Bikeability (cycling confidence) , Katharine Street.
- 1pm – 2pm: Wheels for Wellbeing (removing barriers to cycling) , Katharine Street.
- 1pm – 2pm: Trial a Cargo Bike, corner of High Street and Surrey Street.
- 1pm – 2pm: Cycling Made Easy – Try out an electric bike! Corner of High Street and Surrey Street.
- 2pm – 2.30pm: Brompton Bikes Charity Race, whole circuit.
- 2.30pm – 3pm: Recycle Cycle Charity Races, whole circuit.
- 3pm – 4pm: Mayor’s Charity Relay Race, whole circuit.
- 5.30pm: Matrix Fitness GP Series women’s race, whole circuit.
- 7.30pm: Tour Series men’s race, whole circuit.
- 9pm: Podium presentations, High Street.
For further information or to get involved with any of the events listed above, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
THE TOUR SERIES
The Tour Series 2017, now in its ninth season, is a cycle race taking place this May, featuring some of Britain’s top professional cyclists in ten stages around the UK. Starting in Redditch, visiting Wembley, Bath, Durham and Aberdeen before finishing in Stevenage, the Tour Series returns to Croydon for the third year in a row for Round 5 on Thursday 18 May. The Matrix Fitness Grand Prix Series, one of the premier women’s events in the cycling calendar, has expanded further this year and will include thirteen teams taking part in eight rounds. The Matrix Fitness Grand Prix race will take place on the Croydon street circuit ahead of the main Tour Series race, starting at 5.30pm.
We want to encourage as many people as possible to use their bikes to visit the Croydon Cycle Fest! There are plenty of secure places to lock your bike up around Croydon including:
- North End
- East Croydon Train Station
- College Road
East Croydon is served by regular Southern and Thameslink trains to and from London Bridge, London Victoria, Clapham Junction, Gatwick Airport, Purley, Brighton and many other stations.
West Croydon is served by regular Southern and London Overground trains to and from London Bridge, London Victoria, Canada Water, Sutton, Epsom and many other stations.
There are dozens of bus routes which stop near the race circuit:
- The following buses all run services to central Croydon: 50, 60, 64, 75, 109, 119, 154, 166, 194, 197, 198, 250, 264, 312, 403, 405, 407, 410, 412, 455, 466 & 468.
- For further information and bus times, call Transport for London on 0343 222 1234 or visit www.tfl.gov.uk
The Croydon Tramlink runs regular services between central Croydon and Wimbledon, Beckenham Junction and New Addington.
The closest tram stops to the circuit are:
- George Street
- East Croydon
- Church Street
The road closures also means that several bus routes will be subject to diversion, and some bus stops will not be able to be in use on 18 May.
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON
Croydon Cycle Fest 2017 is happening across several streets in central Croydon, which means that some roads will be closed from the morning of the race day until a few hours after the race has finished.
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON
DETAILS COMING SOON
For all enquiries related to the Cycle Fest (including road closures, disruptions or to get involved), please contact the event organisers at Croydon Council:
For all press enquiries about the Croydon Cycle Fest 2017, please contact our press office at Nudge Factory:
Alex Denvir, Martha Kool
T: +44 (0)208 819 0555
M: +44 (0)7956 174 258